For any tourist or non-tourist, first time in Hanoi might not be a good experience, if you don’t have a good guide. Most will see Hanoi as a city with a little chaos, crowded, always high-traffic and smoggy. But, if you can take a closer look to our city, Hanoi is an ideal place to discover, to eat, to travel, to shop, to visit, and even to relax. Strange right? So here are 5 things you must try to understand
- Enjoy a beer in Ta Hien street: famous with “bia hoi”, Ta Hien and its surrounding is the place notto-be-missed in Hanoi. It’s not only for tourist, but it’s a place that people can get an access to the so-called beer culture of Hanoi. And not only beer and peanuts, there are plenty of dishes to taste: dry beef, dry cuttle-fish, fried sweet potato, fried cheese sticks, fermented meat…
- If you travel in a beautiful summer day, you really should not miss an excursion around West Lake. As the biggest lake in Hanoi, West lake is like a gather point for many daily activities. Too hot? Go to the West lake for refreshment, a beer or a lakeside café; want a selfie? There are plenty of places for good pictures, including many studios for photos near the lake using its specialty: lotus. And do I forget to mention lotus: West Lake is the biggest lotus cultivating field in Hanoi, the West Lake’s Lotus has become a trade mark for fine lotus tea. With about 20km of lake-side road, it is also an ideal place for some exercise, you’ll find quite a few outdoor gym around the lake. And finally, the stunning sunset will surprise you of its beauty.
- Experience the activities under Ly Thai To’s statue at 6 in the morning. Why? You’ll know why, that maybe one of the most unique experience you’ve ever known. 6 a.m is the exercising hour in Hanoi, where people live around the lakes running, practicing Tai Chi, playing badminton… but what’s so special under Ly Thai To’s statue? There is a very special class that surely will cheer you up the whole day: the laugh class. There are about a hundred, old and young, gather in a group and laugh out asloud-as-possible together. You can join too. There are also dance class: rumba, cha cha cha…
- Ever heard about Vietnamese’s coffee? If not, you really should try it. 2014, Vietnam is the second largest coffee exporter in the world. Have a taste of Vietnamese’s coffee in Vietnamese’s style is another musttry. We don’t use the coffee machine to make espresso, or cappuccino, or similar, we use a coffee filter and watch every single drop of boiled water fall down a cup of condensed milk, while chit chatting with our friends or just enjoy your free time watching the world pass by. Some people love to try Egg coffee with battered egg instead of condensed milk.
- Finally, though this is difficult for those without a tour guide, but why don’t you try to buy something in the street market, like a Vietnamese? You might buy it with over price, but the act of selecting something to know thousands of stuffs that Vietnamese eat and use every day is indeed a true discover.
Magnolia Travel offer a true and authentic yet comfort experiences for tourist in Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos. Contact us for more info.